Tuesday, September 6, 2011

& we'll see what September brings.

I'm a girl of cool nights and dark skies, & there's no better time of year for me than Fall. Since my birthday always falls somewhere around Labor Day Weekend, the "unofficial end of summer" is marked by birthday celebrations & a call to the cooler nights of Autumn. So, since today is chilly and rainy here in New York, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite fall items at the moment. Enjoy!


1. Black Coach flats. They were a gift from my mom, and they are perfect for early Fall weather. They can get me through the days of denim, as well as go with a blouse and cranberry colored skirt. They're my favorite basic shoes right now.
2. Wraps & capelets. This plaid Jessica Simpson capelet is my go-to for a cool day when I don't want to wear a jacket. Throw it over a long sleeve t-shirt and a pair of leggings, and you're good to go. I'm also obsessed with animal print wraps. One will be circulating in my wardrobe this season.
3. Philosophy 3-in-1 Harvest Spice. This pumpkin orange scent wakes me up in the morning and reminds me of Fall nights at home-serving a double duty!
4. Halloween decorations. I know it's only September, but Halloween decorations have made their way out of the boxes and onto my shelves! It's never too early to celebrate the harvest season, and I've spotted a ton of cute decorations this year for reasonable prices (think Marshalls, TJ Maxx, The Christmas Tree Shop, & Target. Also visit Etsy.com for some handmade goodies!)

Hope you're all enjoying this preview of Fall just as much as I am!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica Simpson has stepped up her game-that cape is fabulous!

    I want some fun fall decorations, too! Its not really to much of a thing here though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? It's a great fall cape! & I need your address lady - I'll get some fall stuff from the states to you!

    ReplyDelete